Do you get easily distracted from your goals? Yeah, me too. It is a daily struggle with me. Ever since I started this blog, staying focused on this has been really difficult, especially since I don’t have a lot of experience as a writer. I like it when I feel I have something of value to say, but the creative side of me has not been exercised much.
[video_player type=”youtube” youtube_remove_logo=”Y” youtube_force_hd=”hd1080″ width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″]aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj0yVWNRMnBUOU5Ldw==[/video_player]
So, what did you think of the video? Tony Robbins is one of the most famous motivational speakers and I think this video gives you some really good tips on the power of focus. Here are the 5 key steps:
1. Focus on What You Want. We most often focus on all of the things that are not important to achieve success. You know, Facebook, checking emails, answering the phone, texting, sitting in front of the TV, and many other distractions that we face in our daily lives. What we need to do is focus on what is important. If you are building a website, do all of those activities that you need to do to get it up and running, including posting content on a regular basis. That is one of my biggest challenges!
2. Create a Clear and Compelling Plan or Goal. Where are you now? Where do you want to go? Make your plan or goal so clear and definite, so exciting, that when you get up each and every morning you can’t wait to work toward achieving that plan and working on the various parts until you get there. When you get clear with what you are going to do, you will have the energy and drive you didn’t know you had!
3. Get the Best Tools or Mentor. Having the best tools available will make it easier to achieve your goals and help you get there even faster. Its great to have a focused goal, but if your goal is headed in the wrong direction, then that is no better than not having one at all! A mentor can help guide you in the right direction. Why reinvent the wheel when someone else has gone before you and made all of the mistakes? A good mentor will put you on the right path and help you avoid costly mistakes. Mistakes are inevitable and the path to success, but a mentor can minimize those painful ones.
If you look at the most famous people that achieved great successes in life, they most likely had a mentor or coach. Look at Tiger Woods as an example. He didn’t become one of the greatest golfers of all time without having a coach. You may be thinking you can do it on your own. Right? Yes, it is possible to do it on your own, but I will be willing to bet it will take you much longer and cost you a lot more money! And chances are, you will never reach your goals or even come close! You will quit out of frustration, or lose interest altogether.
4. Model Someone Who is Already Successful. This takes us back to the mentor again. A really good mentor has already achieved the success you are looking for, so just copy what they did and make it your own. As Tony Robbins says, “Success leaves clues!” I too have a mentor and I have invested in his coaching program. But, the problem is I too have not stayed focused and strayed from the program. Now, I am back on the program and re-starting from the beginning. This blog post is my first action step!
5. Get Control of Inner Conflicts. If you’ve got the focus, you’ve got the toolbox, and you are still not getting what you want, then you have inner conflicts. What I mean by that is success is 80 percent the psychology and 20 percent the mechanics. When you say you truly have clarity in what you are doing, and you say you are going to do this, but you don’t. Why? Inner conflicts are sabotaging your thinking. Your inner voice is saying, yeah I want to be successful, but my subconscious is saying I’m scared, friends won’t accept me if I become successful, or maybe I’m not good enough to succeed are just a few examples.
How do you overcome inner conflicts? Identify them and get clear what they are. Decide on what you should do today. Think about what is most important to you. Then take massive action! Once you start taking action, you will achieve the success you are looking for!
6. External Conflicts. I almost forgot this one, but for me, this is really challenging! On your journey to success, you will undoubtably have many external factors that will try to keep you from staying on course. It could be work, family, friends, poor health, etc. One major factor that I and many other people have trouble with is not having enough time! You have to just get past that and realize that everyone has the same 24 hours a day. Some people just know how to manage their time wisely. Even if you have a full-time job and have kids to raise, there is still little bits of time that can be utilized that we just tend to waste each and every day. I try to find some productive time working on the computer in bed. Ok, so I lose a little sleep here and there. To succeed, you have to sacrifice the little things now to gain a lot later!
Refer back to this when you need a reminder and motivation to stay on track. The Power of Focus can literally change your life. Now get focused and just do it!
‘Til next time,
If you don’t want to miss my next post, please SUBSCRIBE! Thanks!