WordPress Comments are closed, I can’t open WordPress Comments!
Have you ever had this happen to you? You finish a long blog post with lots of great content and you ask people to comment when they finished reading your post. Then you wait, and wait, and wait for the notification that someone posted a comment. But nothing.
Then maybe someone posts a comment on Facebook that they tried to leave a comment on your blog, but got the fatal “comments closed” message. What?!! When you check your settings in the dashboard, comments are enabled but it still shows wordpress comments are closed at the end of your post.
Has this happened to you but didn’t know what to do about it?
I checked the dashboard under “settings” and “discussion,” but everything looked normal.
After doing a lot of searching, I finally found a solution to the problem. Here are the steps:
1. Go to your post page and click on “edit.” Then look at the top of your screen for “Screen Options.”
2. Click on the down arrow on “Screen options,” which will open up a menu that looks like this:
3. Make sure that “discussion” and “comments” are both checked.
4. Then scroll down until you find the following and check “Allow comments”:
5. Click on the Update button to save your settings. To see if you were successful, go to your post and scroll to the end to where the comments would be. You should see something like this:
So what do you think about my post? Please comment below! ha ha
If you want to be notified of future posts, please enter your information in the form in the top right sidebar. Thanks for reading!
‘Til next time,